City of Forest Grove
Forest Grove, located in Washington County, Oregon, is 25 miles (40km) west of Portland. It was originally a small farming community, but it is now primarily a commuter city in the Portland metropolitan area. The town was established in the 1840s. It was platted in 1850 and incorporated in 1872. This made it the first Washington County city. At the 2010 census, the population was 21,083, an increase of 19.1% from 2000 (17,708).
Forest Grove is located in the Tualatin Valley. Oregon Routes 8 and 47 run through the town. 47 and 8 are signed as the Tualatin Valley Highway east and south of the city’s main part, while 47 and 8 are signed as the Tualatin Valley Highway west and east. Oregon Route 8 was signed as Gales Creek Road west and Oregon Route 47 as the Nehalem Highway north. The town’s most notable feature has been Pacific University throughout its history. Along with nine other buildings in the city, Old College Hall is on the National Register of Historic Places.